This week we made an Apple Cake. This recipe is from my church's cookbook. I still have a bunch of apples left from apple picking so I thought it would be fun to try this recipe out. We all enjoyed it and I thought it went really well with a cup of tea, it would have been even better with a scoop of ice cream if I was able to have some :0)
Emily adding in the sugar.
Emily greasing the pan.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (I used 1/4 cup smart balance dairy free buttery blend and 1/4 cup applesauce)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large McIntosh apples
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time; then add vanilla
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Peel 4 apples. Core and cut each apple into 16 slices.
- Place batter in spring form pan and arrange apples in a design on top (Emily just put them anywhere she wanted)
- Cook for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After cake is cool, whisk together 3 tablespoons apple juice and about a 1/4 powdered sugar and dribble over the cake.