This week we made an Apple Cake. This recipe is from my church's cookbook. I still have a bunch of apples left from apple picking so I thought it would be fun to try this recipe out. We all enjoyed it and I thought it went really well with a cup of tea, it would have been even better with a scoop of ice cream if I was able to have some :0)
Emily adding in the sugar.
Emily greasing the pan.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (I used 1/4 cup smart balance dairy free buttery blend and 1/4 cup applesauce)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large McIntosh apples
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time; then add vanilla
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Peel 4 apples. Core and cut each apple into 16 slices.
- Place batter in spring form pan and arrange apples in a design on top (Emily just put them anywhere she wanted)
- Cook for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After cake is cool, whisk together 3 tablespoons apple juice and about a 1/4 powdered sugar and dribble over the cake.
I love apple cake! Looks like Emily had a lot of fun with this!
Oh my goodness .. for a minute there I thought I forgot to post my own meme ... then I realized I have 2 days bc its just Tues ... WHEW! :)
I love apple cake, but never made my own, will have to put it on the to do list! I love the picture of Emily greasing the pan, it is so cute!
I've never had apple cake before, I don't think I have ever heard of it even. BUT I love apples and I love cake...I might have to try this out sometime! :-)
I love apple cake with ice cream. Home made apple cake is always delicious and the yummy aroma wafting through your kitchen while this was cooking must have been divine.
It was such a special treat to see Juliette and hear you on the video clip in the previous post. Juliette is such a clever and alert precious baby girl. I could really see the similarities between Emily and Juliette on this video.
Have you tried coconut milk ice cream? It is really good, almost better than dairy ice cream. I buy a brand called Purely Decadent and we all LOVE it, even my picky boys.
Michell - I've awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award (you're not newly, newly discovered to me - but I think recent enough for the award, and I really appreciate your blog). Visit Almost Unschoolers for info and the rules of the award.
MMM, looks yummy!!
That sounds so good! I am glad you were able to try out the hair do...I would love to see pictures!
I enjoyed making this apple cake today with my son and have linked up to it in my blog:-)
Post a Comment