Welcome to stART! I hope that you will enjoy our story and art project and maybe even share your own too! The linky will be open all week.
This week we read The Three Little Kittens, retold by Margaret Barton. This is a book that is based on the classic nursery rhyme. Emily enjoyed the fuzzy pages while we read the story.
I was very excited when I found this book because we just did the cutest project at Mommy and Me based on the nursery rhyme The Three Little Kittens. This book went along with the puppet we made perfectly!
To make the puppet the teacher had all of the pieces cut out and ready at the craft table.
- Emily had to glue 2 gray circles together (a small one for the head and a large one for the body).
- Next, she glued on the ears, nose and mouth.
- Then, she put on the eyes, which are green dot stickers with a back circle colored in the middle.
- Emily drew on the whiskers with a marker.
- Finally, I helped her thread the white yarn through the holes that were punched out in the body of the cat and also through the mittens (she got to pick which color she wanted for her mittens, no surprise that she picked GREEN!!). The yarn goes around the back of the cat to connect the two mittens.
When you pull the yarn it makes the mittens go close to the cat’s body.
Emily’s Kitten found her mittens!!!