When I first saw this recipe almost a year and a half ago I knew I wanted to try it, but I was waiting to give Emily peanut butter. When I finally gave her peanut butter and saw that she loved it I forgot about the recipe. Until now that is!! This is a quick easy very kid friendly recipe that we all absolutely LOVED!
These yummy ingredients make a really tasty treat!!
- 9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Emily enjoyed shaking up the bag to coat each piece in the powdered sugar.
She was so pleased with her creation!!
Check out Kids in the Kitchen for some other great kid friendly recipes!!