We had three very ripe bananas to use up so Emily and I had to make some yummy Banana Bread. I got the recipe from here, but made a few changes to it and was very happy with the result. We will definitely be making this again!
I put the bananas into a Ziploc bag and let Emily mash up the bananas. She loved this part. When she was finished I cut the corner and squeezed out the mashed bananas.
Emily helped mix it all together.
Our Banana Bread
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 mashed overripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, applesauce and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Add chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Visit A Little Fun with Me and Lu for some more great recipes :0)