Emily adding the apples into the fritter batter.
This week we made Apple Fritters. They were much easier than I thought they would be the worst part is frying them, but what a delicious treat! Emily enjoyed helping me mix all of the ingredients together and watching me fry them.
Emily shaking cinnamon/sugar over the warm apple fritters...yummy!!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk (I used coconut milk because Juliette has a milk protein intolerance)
- 1 Tablespoon oil ( I use canola)
- 1 cup diced apples (I would use a little more next time)
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- In another bowl combine eggs, milk and oil. Make a well in dry mixture and add egg mixture.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.