This week we made Apple Bread, I got this recipe from my friend Sarah, however I changed it a little bit to make it my own :0) Emily was happy to help dump all the ingredients into the bowl, but her favorite part was helping eat the apples as I was grating them!
The only picture I got was Emily dumping in the grated apples. This was after some of the juices ended up all over the counter..oops!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine flours, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, sugar oil and applesauce. Then add the grated apple.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until all combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
These also make amazing mini muffins ~ I baked them for 15 minutes and they were perfect!