When I first saw this recipe almost a year and a half ago I knew I wanted to try it, but I was waiting to give Emily peanut butter. When I finally gave her peanut butter and saw that she loved it I forgot about the recipe. Until now that is!! This is a quick easy very kid friendly recipe that we all absolutely LOVED!
These yummy ingredients make a really tasty treat!!
- 9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Emily enjoyed shaking up the bag to coat each piece in the powdered sugar.
She was so pleased with her creation!!
Check out Kids in the Kitchen for some other great kid friendly recipes!!
I love muddy buddies!! She looks so proud :)
I love this stuff! We call it "Puppy Chow" around here- thought I don't know why, since chocolate is harmful to dogs...
I have never made this but I have had it a bunch of times and it is so good. I'll have to make it with my kids.
Yum! I'll have to make this with M sometime! The pictures of Emily are adorable (as always)!
mmm we love that stuff here! We call it puppy chow too :)
We call it Puppy Chow here, too, but Maddie LOVES it (no matter WHAT it's called! Ha!). I've actually never made it with her, but she loves to make it with Grandma.
We love this too. It is so easy to make and everyone who tastes it loves it! We make this peanut, dairy-free version because my son has food allergies): http://foodallergyfeast.blogspot.com/2009/08/safe-muddy-buddies-recipe.html.
Michelle, This is a good one. It's gluten-free so I can eat it! I made it for my family at Christmas. So fun!
We love it too and also call it Puppy Chow. Last Sept when my husband moved before us I would make him a batch each month and send him a big container of it.
We just made this for the first time recently. We also call it puppy chow. Sooooooo yummy!
Post a Comment